Thanksgiving is easily my favorite holiday. I love food, I mean really LOVE food, I love family, and I love just sitting back and reflecting on how good God is. Here are some suggestions of essentials for this years fat kid fest day… Continue reading for specifics!!
1. Comfy clothes!! Find a cute pair of jeans or leggins that are flattering but will give you some full belly room during the day. Add a loose fitting blouse and warm jacket.
2. Combine a few subtle accessories and you have a fashionista fly outfit all while being comfortable!
3. This year skip a full face of makeup and go for a bold red lip. It’s sexy and sophisticated, and easy to keep up. And use the best mascara covergirl lash blast on your lashes, add a little nude bronzer and your face is laid with little effort. Don’t forget to polish your nails. Your hands will be busy stuffing your face, chipped nasty nails are unacceptable on Thanksgiving!
4. Christmas and holiday music is one of my favorite genres. Have your cd’s, iPods. computers, and playlist ready while helping your mom out in the kitchen or while you fix your own Thanksgiving spread by yourself as you wait for your guest to arrive and it will also to set the holiday cheer while enjoying time with loved ones. There are lots of great holiday classic albums from artist like Mariah Carey, Yolanda Adams, and Luther Vandross, and a newly released classic Grace Gift by James Fortune & FIYA, download if you haven’t already & #SupportKingdomMusic!!
5. I love cooking and for the most part Thanksgiving consist of recipes used over and over every year, but I stumbled upon a website a little while ago and discovered an app for it too!! AllRecipes.com is a cook’s dream! All types of recipes, secrets, tips, and tricks for making great food from people all over the world. Definitely have that handy while thinking of your dinner items and also to tweak things as your cooking.
Thanks for checking out this post and I would like to wish my loyal readers, subscribers, newcomers, and passerby’s a wonderful Thanksgiving. May it be full of family, friends, great food, and happiness. And most of all reflect on how great God has been this year, and all the time!! I am THANKFUL for all that has been, all that is happening, and all that is to come!!!
And in true Africa Nicole form there has to be a song to wrap this all up …. very thankful for God’s love that rescued, redeemed, and restored me so enjoy “It Was Love” by Zacardi Cortez!!!